Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Nursery!

The nursery is FINALLY complete!
After hours and hours of working on this room and it trying to send me into preterm labor...I am finally DONE!
Now it's time to just rest until this little guy decides to make his appearance.

These pictures are of the room before all the work began.  It was a mess.  The room was supposed to be my computer room/storage room/things to sell on Craigslist room.  Basically it was just a dumping ground.


It needed a lot of TLC.
And I think it finally got it...


Big brother did a lot of "help" too.
He had to make his "mark."





Let the "fun" part begin!
These walls took 3-4 coats of blue paint!  It was a giant pain in the you know what!

  Next up was my faux bead board.
This was my first attempt at doing any sort of bead boarding/wainscoting.
After lots of measuring, leveling, and nailing, the bead board and crown moulding were done!


Baby H's theme is Nautical.


The crib bumpers and bed skirt were all made by my mother-in-law.
And I think they came out PERFECT!

This is the blanket I made for the little guy.



Most everything in his room was hand painted/ hand made/ or put together by yours truly in some way, shape, or form.
I painted this little ship.
This crazy fish was a puzzle that I had to paint and then put together.
It took FOREVER!
All the artwork in his room I took from a used book I bought.  I found a book that I liked the pictures in and tore them out.  I went to Goodwill and bought some cheap frames and painted them the same white as his walls.  Then I framed the pictures with a boarder/mat that I cut out of poster board and painted the same color as his walls. 
For all 5 framed "artwork"/pictures in his room it cost me about 10 bucks total.
Not too bad for a momma on a budget.
(Hand painted and stained by me)






 



I bought this, but didn't want it in the blue color it was and I didn't want the writing it had on it.
BUT I had a vision!
After lots of sanding, some primer and TONS of coats of red paint, I finally had what I wanted!
(This is what it looked like when I bought it)

I painted and put together this mobile for the little guy.
It was an idea I took from a Pottery Barn Kid's catalog.
It doesn't have that perfect "Pottery Barn" look, but it's not too bad for a $5 baby mobile.


 
 



It took a lot of work for me, but all in all I'm pleased with the way Baby H's room turned out...
...even though he won't even sleep in it until he's several months old. 

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME JOB!! I saw the finished product - most of it - and it's a job very well done@! Good job, Sharon! Good job, Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete