Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Little Nugget

I had another sneak peak at our little nugget.  Here he is at 24 weeks pregnant.
Below is his profile with his hand up to his face.  Maybe an itch?  Maybe he's thinking?  Either way, I think it's pretty darn cute!
 Another lovely profile of our little cutie!
 The next pictures are his tiny little feet.
 Don't you just want to tickle them?!?!  I do!

Baby H is currently weighing in at 1 pound 8 ounces. He is looking good and on track and as healthy as he should be. As for mommy? I am showing some signs of preterm labor. What's that mean? My cervix is smaller than it should be at this point in a pregnancy. One's cervix gets smaller the closer you get to delivery/labor. I have been having cramps the past few days, so the doctor wanted to check things out. Apparently the cramps I've been having are actually contractions. So for now she wants me to take it easy. Not bed rest...yet. Just taking it easy. No lifting over 10 pounds. No more workouts. All that kind of stuff. I'll go back in 2 weeks (unless I start having more cramps/contractions) to check on things. There's a possibility that I'll have to start taking steroids to speed up the lung development in the baby, should I have to deliver early. My placenta was sitting too low to my cervix 4 weeks ago, but it has moved a few centimeters (??)since. Which is a good thing. There's still time for it to move even more. Fingers crossed it does! Now we have to watch to make sure my cervix doesn't get any smaller. Getting a bit bigger would definitely be ideal. The cramps/contractions have gone away today. And I am definitely hoping they stay that way!
Aside from that, our little guy is doing great. He's growing and moving around lots. Let’s just pray that he stays like that INSIDE me so that he can have plenty of more time to cook before we get to see his sweet little face.


No comments:

Post a Comment