Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Santa's Winter Wonderland

I had been wanting to take Allan to Santa's Winter Wonderland since last Christmas.  It's all the way to College Station and we had too much going on last year (2009), so this year we finally got to go!
It was neat.  It was like a whole little village/town covered in lights.
The petting zoo was probably the highlight of the trip for Allan.






If you ask Kirk or me, we don't plan on going back any time soon.  It was too pricey for the long drive and the wait... 
To take a hayride through the thousands and thousands of lights we had to wait in line for almost 3 hours.  Did I mention that it was 32 degrees that night?  Well it was.  And it was soooo freaking cold.  We were shivering the entire time in line.  Our toes and fingers were numbed.
The lights and set up were cool.  But it wasn't worth the cold and the 70 bucks we spent for all of us.
I think next year we'll show Allan Christmas lights the old fashioned way...driving through neighborhoods.
This is the only picture I could take when we were on the hayride.  It was way too cold and I was shaking too bad for the pictures to turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment